Monday 29 March 2010

Things 21 & 22 - Widgets

So we're nearly at the end of 23 things, just one final Web 2.o tool to go, and a very useful one at that... it is the widget!

I did as the tasks requested, adding a Flickr photostream to my blog and my delicious bookmarks to my iGoogle page. Both were easy to do. The photostream would be good if I used Flickr properly and the photos were relevant to the blog content so I see the benefits but seeing as I don't, it looks a bit silly really. As for the delicious bookmarks, I really didn't like how the widget looked so after a day or so it was promptly removed!!

Widgets offer a good way of streaming content from your various Web 2.0 accounts to a centralised location e.g. your iGoogle page or blog. There is an infinite amount of different ones you can play with so you could say that the world is your oyster when it comes to customising your pages.


No comments:

Post a Comment