Friday 26 March 2010

Things 19 & 20 - Google Docs & ThinkFree Office

As part of the Office 2.0 task, I've had a go with Google Docs and ThinkFree Office.

I can see the benefits of using cloud computing, especially when you're moving around a lot and rarely at the same computer. I'm still a little wary of storing documents on a company's server both for privacy and stability reasons.

After testing both services, I'm definitely leaning towards Google docs. It was much easier to use than ThinkFree and although it doesn't have as much functionality, it's user-friendliness swings it for me. ThinkFree just seemed a bit more complicated and not very intuitive.

I'll consider using these services in the future as they are a good tool for collaborating on a document with colleagues without having to email around multiple versions. I might even employ it during my next batch of group work for uni, that way no-one has the excuse that they don't have access to PowerPoint!!

No comments:

Post a Comment