Friday 19 March 2010

Things 15 & 16 - Twitter

I've had a Twitter account since April last year but gave up after a grand total of 6 tweets!
I just never really got into it so I'm giving it another go for #ox23 (see I'm getting the hang of it already!)

One of the things I like best about Facebook is reading people status updates so Twitter really indulges me on this! It's a brillant way to share current information quickly, the retweet feature helps to get information out to a wider interested audience and helps people avoid missing something they might not have seen otherwise!
I feel it can be quite difficult to use until you've mastered the symbols (@ and #) and the navigation. Sometimes it's hard to find people that you know are on there but you don't know their twitter name or email.


There is a rather large library & information professional presence on Twitter. It provides another opportunity for librarians to network and share information, but it offers a currency and immediacy that offers mediums cannot. I can see the sharing of links to articles and blogposts being really useful in my library school studies and for keeping on top of professional issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment